Thursday, January 12, 2012

Get it. Get it. Come on lets get it.


Dear gym bag that I pack everyday in efforts to get to ACF,
                 
I am a tease.  I pack you and leave you in the back of my car, whispering sweet promises of a lunch time rendezvous, or even an after work quickie.  But I have left you cold and waiting in my car since Tuesday.  Are you available Thursday after work?  Because I am ready to sweat and make sweet burpee love to the floor.

Sincerely,
Ruud Girl

All in perspective.  I’d say that yesterday I slid a bit.  But in perspective.  Plain and simple…I have been hungry this week.  Last night, I had burpees in the bank so to speak…and I am a spender.  Just used them all up. 

To date, the hardest part of the 90 day challenge has been balance.  I have to ramp up all things nutrition and crossfit while at the same time actively participating in family life and oh yeah… working a full time job that has just kicked into high gear, averaging 9-10 hrs. per day. It is a struggle to fit in the WODs.  I want to participate in WODs during a consistent time if possible to build into the community at ACF.  So my goal is to get the WODs in.  Simple.... right?


Monday:
Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled with spinach, onion, garlic and tomatoes; coffee
Lunch- Leftover Lamb Burgers and Zucchini
Snack- Orange and 2 blueberry protein balls
Dinner-Mixed greens with leftover lamb, red peppers, cucumbers, olives, feta, and tomatoes with oil and vinegar.
Supplements- Check.
Activity- Instructed a 60 minute spin class… with live drums this week I should mention…
Mojo Meter-  Overall good day.  7. I had to grocery shop before dinner…as a result; I did not eat dinner until around 8pm.  Tired and stressed about work. *sigh*

Tuesday:
Breakfast- Shredded Chicken, mixed berries and coffee.  Crazy…crazy…crazy at work.
Lunch- Salad with shredded chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers, olives and dressing. ¼ cup crack crunch… uh…caveman crunch.
Snack- apple and sun nut butter
Dinner-  
Supplements- Check.  Nothing more fun than fish oil after 2 hours in the club dancing.
Activity- 40 minute run am.  PM… 2 hours of Zumba in the club.
Mojo Meter- 2…as of 5pm.  Tired. Stressed. Tired.  Not enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do.
Burpees… 70 in prep for drinking.  Restrained myself to one vodka and club soda and a Paleo treat from my daughter when I got home.
Total used cheat burpees to date: 90.


Wednesday:
Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs with avocado, bacon and tomatoes.
Lunch- Spaghetti squash, kale and sausage bake, mixed berries and ¼ cup crack crunch… uh…caveman crunch.
Snack- apple and sun nut butter
Dinner-  Grilled chicken, green beans, organic ranch dressing.( Weak… I know)
Paleo Treat, pistachios and glass of red wine.  It is bad when I have burpees saved up.
Supplements- Check. 
Activity- 10 hours at work plus picking my daughter up from soccer forced this into a rest day.
Mojo Meter- 5.  Still bla and tired.  Frustrated that I can’t consistently hit WODs.
Total used cheat burpees to date: 120.

Thursday:  2 hour school delay… how could I NOT make Paleo waffles?
Breakfast- Berries, Lemon poppy seed Paleo waffle, 2 slices bacon, maple syrup, and coffee.  AMAZING.
Lunch- Back to work…back to reality… Leftover grilled chicken and green beans.
Snack- apple and sun nut butter
Dinner- 
Supplements- Check. 
Activity-
Mojo Meter-
Total used cheat burpees to date: 120.


2 comments:

  1. What is this magical lemon poppyseed waffle that you speak of?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... and yes... they are magical. Sooooooo magical! You can find the goods here...

    http://paleomg.com/lemon-poppyseed-paleo-waffles/

    ReplyDelete