Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 21st, 2012. My Albany Crossfit Experience to Date, in Numbers


January 21st, 2012.  My Albany Crossfit Experience to Date, in Numbers.
146 Days to date of committed primal eating and crossfit.
August 29th- First on ramp class.
Starting weight 178 lbs.
Minutes it took me to get up from a seated position after 100 air squats for the first time…lets just say many.
September 10th.  My first WOD…and it was Fight Gone Bad.  Welcome to CrossFit.
1st time brought close to tears…meet the man maker.
Filthy 50th.  Need I say more?
25 lbs. bar of choice.
2.  The number of times I have wet my pants during a workout.  Why don’t people volunteer to be my partner more often?
90 Day Challenge.
3 Goals set.
3 Crossfit Affiliate facilities visited while traveling.  (Philadelphia, Erie, and Rochester.)  ACF will always be King.
1 booty chaffing so bad after abmat sit ups that it bled through my shorts. N-I-C-E.
7 Calluses on my hands.
3 Tablespoons of fish oil every day.
5 RX  WODs.
158 lbs. Current weight.
35 lbs. bar of choice.
10 seconds of paralyzing fear when I saw the cargo nets drop from the ceiling.  I climbed them anyways.
35 lbs. Kettlebell…is heavy.
100.  A number to always be afraid of…as in 100 kettlebell swings, 100 squats, 100 pushups… need I say more?
135 lbs.  Deadlift.
Feb. 11th. Tri-State Throw Down.  Entered. Afraid.

Everyday, I take a challenge.  Everyday, I strive to be better.  When I step foot into a WOD, I am usually anxious, a bit nauseous with fear, and telling myself…”This is how it’s going to go down today.  I will do this.  I will do this.”  We all take the challenge of the WOD.  We each push ourselves to our limits.  It is a personal driven goal that we recognize and cheer in others.  Crossfit is hard.  Really stinkin’ hard.  There is something special about everyone who steps foot into a WOD.  Everyone has accepted the challenge, and we go on the brutal journey together.

60 minutes.  The length of an ACF WOD session.
Fleeting moment…  The moment of elation when you are finished, panting, on the floor.  But it is in this moment, time slows, and life is truly beautiful.

Catching up on the food log…
WED.
Breakfast- 2 eggs with avocado, tomatoes and bacon.  Berries.  Coffee.
Lunch- Chicken, greens, grilled pepper and onions and guacamole.
Snack- Orange and caveman crunch
Crossfit WOD
Subbed Zumba Class
Dinner- BBQ Chicken and Broccoli. Apple and maple nut butter.
Supplements… Check.

TH.
Breakfast-   Shredded Chicken and Berries. Coffee.
Lunch- Salad with grilled shrimp, raspberries, goat cheese and walnuts…unsweetened ice tea.
Snack- Orange and caveman crunch.
Dinner- Leftover BBQ Chicken and Broccoli.
Crossfit WOD
Instructed Zumba Class.
Supplements… Check.

F
Breakfast- Orange and one paleo cinnamon roll. (Saved in the freezer from new years… AMAZING.) Coffee
Lunch- Spinach with cherries, duck breast and walnuts.  3 sausage stuffed mushrooms…. Iced tea. J
Snack- Apple and caveman crunch.
Late dinner- (Had a zumba benefit…) Butternut squash, chicken and pesto bake.  Tequilla… yes… small bowl of organic tortilla chips.

Had 2 hours of sleep the prior night… so Friday was a tough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment