Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Whoop it up!

http://www.health-bent.com/treats/paleo-red-velvet-whoopie-pies
Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP?  I will protect the name of the innocent...but a fellow crossfit friend had a craving for a whoopie pie.  Now one might argue whether a whoopie pie is better than some whoopie, but  either way...good stuff.  I did make these and not have one.  I made them for my kids, and saved one for my ACF friend. :)  I substituted coconut crystals for the sugar and used powdered maple syrup in place of powdered sugar.  If you have not tried powdered maple sugar...stupid good.

So onto my day in review, and what I need to kick up to get my game on to my game on.  I mean...my game is on, especially compared to fellow co-workers with New Years resolutions, but my run in with a lovely glass of Malbec last night was eye opening today.  I paid in burpees.  I enjoyed the wine.  More than you can imagine.  Today, I felt awful.  Just awful.  I did not over due, my body is just on the clean train.  

Sooooooo....
Breakfast-
Leftover salmon and mixed berries.  Fun to pick out bones at your desk. *sigh*
Snack- 1/3 cup cave man crunch
Lunch- Butternut squash-chicken with pesto.  This was so good, it flat out turned my day around.  I know food shouldn't do that... but um... it did. http://paleomg.com/chicken-butternut-squash-pesto/
Orange
Dinner- Paleo Taco Salad
Anticipated... small dish of homemade paleo strawberry ice cream.

Mojo meter... blaaaaaaaaaaach.  Tired.  Spend the day drinking as much water as I could.  I will miss you red wine.

Activity: Rest Day
Supplements... Check.

Last but not least.  Game on to my game on.  Have to start incorporating some strength drills at home so I am able to build up to RX the WODs.  What could be better than a new pair of shoes?  I tell you what.  Two freakin' huge boxes from Rogue Fitness.  14lb. Ball Wall... check.  Pull up bar, rings and assorted bands...check.  Ice cold garage waiting for me to torture myself...check.  Husband that I will need to bribe to install so I don't do it myself, and as a result, kill myself... check.  Now what to bribe with....

No comments:

Post a Comment